Consultant Psychiatrist £107,000 Per Annum + Benefits Private Practice
· To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with personnel policies and procedures.
· To ensure that any junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters and remain compliant.
· To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
· To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively and submit this promptly to the department.
· To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
· To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
· To attend and participate in the academic and internal programme.
· To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval, and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
· To participate annually in a job plan review with manager, which will include consultation with a relevant manager to ensure that the post is developed to take into account changes in service configuration and delivery associated with modernisation.
· To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
·Consultant and national groups subject to discussion and approval with senior management, as necessary, the chief executive officer.
· Post holder to carry out such other duties as may be assigned, with agreement, by management. It is expected that the post holder will not unreasonably withhold agreement to any reasonable proposed changes that might make.
· The post holder will be expected to participate in emergency cross cover arrangements with the other Consultant colleagues in the Department.
· To provide short term cover for authorised periods of absence from duty of Consultant colleagues, in particular to operate a system of cross cover with the other consultant in the team
· To participate in the Older People’s and Learning Disability Consultant ‘on-call’ flexible rota.
· The post will be covered by the terms and conditions of service for (England and Wales) as amended from time to time.
·The post-holder is entitled to 6 weeks of annual leave per year (pro rata for P/T) and 30 days study leave over three year
· Experience of psychiatric practice in a range of settings
· Evidence of commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
· Evidence of experience in medical audit and understanding principles of clinical governance
· Experience of working with detained patients and those with dementia and age related diagnosis
· Basic Medical Qualification
· Approved Clinician or eligibility for approval
· Applicants must be included on the GMC’s Specialist Register or Specialist Registrars within 6 months of completing their CCT
· Full Registration with the GMC
· Section 12 (2) approval or willingness to apply for approval once in post
· Ability to supervise junior staff
· Evidence of ability to take a leadership role within a multidisciplinary team
· Demonstrate commitment to a collaborative model of multidisciplinary and multi-agency working
· Commitment to personal professional development
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to demonstrate diplomacy at all times
· Ability to commute effectively within the Trusts geographical area
· Ability to work flexibility within the needs of the service
Interterm Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law. We have offices based in Central London and Bristol City.