Care Assistant Hampshire Counties; Andover, Basingstoke, Eastleigh, Havant, Portsmouth & Southampton
You will have empathy with the needs of older people and understand the importance of treating our residents with dignity and respect. Rewards are beyond measure to cater to the needs of residents and to monitor them during the day or night.
- Ensure a record is maintained of residents’ care needs by procedures and guidelines
- Carry out routine risk assessments for clients and care planning
- Complete daily contact sheets to show events affecting residents
- Advise senior staff on (both personal and environmental) concerning the welfare of residents to ensure a high standard of care.
- Share information on individual residents’ care needs by liaising with residents, relatives, and senior staff
- Complete individual care plans with residents to ensure they receive appropriate care
- Maintain the standard of cleanliness in residents’ rooms so that individual comfort is afforded
- Assist in maintaining individual standards of hygiene with the client’s wishes so that personal dignity is retained
- Patience and good communication skills
- An understanding of the client group
- Physically able to assist the client in the bath (using equipment where necessary)
- Trained and able to use the equipment for moving/handling residents e.g. hoists, glide sheets (will be provided on appointment)
- Writing skills (for daily records, care plans, etc.)
- Ideally, an NVQ2 in Social Care and some experience with dementia although these are not essential.
- Minimum 6 months experience
- Holiday Pay
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- Uniform and name badge provided
- Free training and personal development
- Rate of Pay between £12.61 to £19.59 Per Hour (subject to shifts pattern)
- Free weekly payroll & wage slip
- Part time or full-time hours available
- Professional working environment
Working Conditions/ Training:
- Manual handling of people and objects daily 15+kg
- Working with vulnerable adults
- Night work
- Participating in direct personal care
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid
- Fire Training
- Infectious Control
- Wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Health & Safety Training
- Vulnerable Adults
Where there are gaps in training this can be provided to candidates.
Interperm Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law. We have offices based in Central London and Bristol City.