We are looking for Counsellors in Bristol and Bath in the South West of England.
1. Are you a qualified counsellor who works in health care?
2. Are you looking for an exiting, new challenge to gain further experience in the health care counselling setting?
3. Would you like to join a team that works together, where everyone counts and aim to make a difference to the clients they care for?
We are interested in hearing from people who share the above values and who feel they can make a difference for our patients with their dedication and expertise Successful applicants will provide counselling for private clients, who may be struggling psychologically. You will be an excellent communicator and a resource for improving emotional care to patients through their cancer journey. Ideally a knowledge of oncology would be useful but not essential, although a willingness to a gain better understanding of the cancer journey is vital.
You will be expected to have a full BACP membership as well as personal indemnity insurance. This is an ongoing contract moving forward. Days, afternoons and the occasional weekends.
Due to the expansion of our private client service, we are looking to expand our team of dedicated and experienced counsellors. Our counselling service offers an integrative approach, with counsellors experienced in a range of approaches, including person-centred or psychodynamic and TA.
We are looking to recruit qualified counsellors to work with young people and adults.
It is essential that you:
- Deliver sessions according to Optimum Student Support guidelines and Code of Conduct
- manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets
- Represent Interperm Healthcare in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
- Be open to have monthly supervision.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- A recognised Counselling diploma qualification or higher.
- BACP/UKCP registration is essential; working towards accreditation is essential
- Experience of Counselling different sectors of and clients in society
- Experience of using a range of evidenced based brief interventions to meet different needs
- Integrating different therapeutic modalities / treatment approaches
- Organised professional with a strong sense of boundaries, with experience of working in an organisational setting.
- Able to show a solid track record of delivering counselling.
- Risk management and safety planning, remaining calm in a crisis and in handling sensitive information
- Experience of working with students in an educational setting is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- Salary – £38 per hour
- Flexible hours
- Various types of contracts available
- A photographic ID card.
The working hours vary according to the needs of the client and the number of clients you will be allocated. Sessions will take place at client premises.