General Practitioner GP Doctor
We have ten positions available
Available to UK, European & International Candidates
Tier 2 Sponsorship is Available
Job Title: Salaried General Practitioner
Hours Full & Part time employment and sessions available
Salary Highly Competitive + Benefits
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care including:
• Making professionally autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred internally within the Practice.
• Receives patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems and makes assessment of their health care needs and consults with patients.
• Undertakes calls, visits, checking and signing of repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion as required.
• Screens patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
• In consultation with patients and in line with current Practice disease management protocols, develops care plans for health.
• Provides counselling and health education as necessary.
• Admits or discharges patients to and from caseload and refers them to other care providers internally and externally as appropriate and in line with practice protocols.
• Complies with all relevant clinical governance and Practice polices and protocols.
• Assists in the establishment of appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions.
• Completes clinically related administrative and non-clinical duties needed for the delivery of the service.
• Records clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
• Demonstrates commitment to lifelong learning, and audit and effectiveness to ensure evidence based best practice.
• Provides active input to the wider healthcare team in the process of health needs research/base line data collection/clinical audit.
• Compiles and issues computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions, prescribing in accordance with the Practice.
• Meets professional learning and CPD requirements.
• Develops effective relationships with other colleagues.
• Contributes to the evaluation/audit and clinical standard setting with colleagues.
• Records data in patient records systems promptly and accurately and to agreed standards.
• Ensures appropriate use of read codes.
• Participates in the collection and collation of statistics towards the preparation of practice reports, performance monitoring and audits.
• Participates in the auditing of practice activity as required.
• Contributes to the strategic management and development of the practice.
• Provides reports to internal and external agencies as required.
• Responsible for health and safety of themselves and others and for reporting and actively co-operating in Practice Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
• Processes and actions incoming patient and hospital correspondence.
• Attends in-house meetings, significant event audit meetings and other meetings as deemed necessary.
• Ensures that the practice complaints system is adhered to at all times.
• Awareness and compliance with all relevant guidelines e.g. data protection, confidentiality and health and safety.
• Maintain current CPR and anaphylaxis certification and child/adult safeguarding training in line with local policies.
Training & Development
• Establish, in conjunction with Practice business objectives an appropriate training and development plan that supports the development of clinical, leadership and business administration skills.
• Fully participates in training and development, meeting any, and all, requirements of any courses funded or part-funded by the Practice.
• Fully qualified GP with GMC registration
• Evidence of annual appraisal and revalidation (when appropriate)
• General practice (Vocational Training Scheme) trained
• On/eligible to be on a medical performers list
• Enhanced CRB check
• UK driving licence
• Current CPR certificate
• UK work permit (if required)
• Evidence of continued professional development
• Other Post Graduate Diplomas
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the current Resident Labour Market Test which will be in place until the end of December 2020. UK Visas and Immigration requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website
Interterm Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law. We have offices based in Central London and Bristol City.