Interperm Healthcare is looking to appoint a local Doctor General Practitioner (GP) for both permanent and contracted appointments at client practice to be offered an appointment at a nearby dedicated Healthcare facility in Yorkshire and The Humber and Hull region with a local Doctor GP and/or Advanced Nurse Practitioner who has access to medical records.
Competitive Salary and terms to be discussed during Interview.
APPLICATIONS ARE CONSIDERED FROM CANDIDATES WHO RESIDE IN European Economic Area. Please contact us for further information!
We are looking for GPs who are motivated, independent, and interested in providing high-quality clinical services to a varied population. Successful applicants may include some weekend hours in their pattern of work. Enhancements to pay are made for weekend hours worked.
Key Clinical Responsibilities:
The post-holder will practice in accordance with the accepted good medical practice and the various clinical policies of the Service.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/herself available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations, and queries, visiting patients at home, prescribing and dealing with queries, paperwork, and correspondence in a timely fashion.
Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organization or external organizations.
- Assessing the health needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
• Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
• Contributing to Practice QOF requirements and recording data appropriately.
• In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health-related illnesses.
• Seeking opportunities to support patients with health education
• Appropriately managing the appointment list and referring to other care providers as appropriate within the Healthcare Facility protocols.
• Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
• Collecting data for audit purposes and contributing to the PML audit programme as required.
• Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible).
• Prescribing in accordance with the accepted prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate.
• Proactively engaging in some aspects of the clinical work within the team, for example, coordination of the Healthcare practices operational service delivery on a day to day basis; governance and risk management, CPD and keeping clinical protocols up to date.
• In general, the post holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care, as set by Royal College of General.
• Practitioners, General Medical Council, all other Royal colleges and councils applicable to the staff within a practice, Department of Health, NHS England, CCG and all other regulatory and standard-setting organizations.
Prescribe safe and effective medicines management which conforms to:
- NICE guidance and DH directives Good Prescribing Practice as defined by British National Formulary (BNF) guidance from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain on the safe and secure handling of medicine.
• Contribute to the teams’ approach which ensures that referrals are made for patients to see other medical service providers within the two weeks wait and Direct Access criteria, ensuring that adequate information is given to personnel to whom the patient has been referred for proper assessment to be made.
• Be supportive of any complaints policy and procedure to ensure proper investigation and appropriate follow-up action in the event of a complaining being made about any aspect of the service provided or any personal provider of the service.
Interperm Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer, candidates are required to complete a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service background check. Please reply with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter explaining your experience relevant to the role.